Me & My Blog :)
Hello!!! 👋 😺 👋
I'm Nafis and you are welcome to my personal slice of the web 😚. In this blog, I write about SaaS, digital products, software development, and tech in general. Occasionally, I also write about my thoughts on miscellaneous matters - mostly books 📚, ideologies 🤔 and learnings ✍️.
A little bit about me 😅
I'm a product-oriented software developer currently working at a Swiss🇨🇭 startup,, where I joined as the 1st engineer 🎉 🥳 🎉 back in Jan 2021 with a heart full of dreams 🦄 and with a passion to enable the creator economy 🤩 for anyone, anywhere. And here I'm creating SaaS products for creators to make their lives easier, simpler and happier and helping them automate the admin stuff and boring chores. When I'm not coding 👩💻, I'm most likely reading a book 📖 (or listening to one 😜), writing an article ✍, or sharing a meme 😁.
Technologies I work with 🧑💻 🛠️
I wanted to write about all the technologies I h Here's a non-exhaustive list of technologies I work with, or have worked with in recent past. NOTE: the emojis are very very symbolic 😅
- 👉 Programming Languages I've Dabbed Into
- Dart (used with Flutter only)
- Python - for web dev, AI/ML and data analysis
- Rust 🤩 - they've got amazing docs
- C and C++
- Java and C# 🤮 Oh and..., learning Haskell & Scala rn. They're rad.
- 👉 Databases I've Tasted
- NoSQL databases: MongoDB, Firestore 😻, DynamoDB, Redis, Neo4j
- SQL databases: PostgreSQL 💖 and MySQL
- 👉 Frontend Fun I've Had
- UI Libraries: React 🥰 (and Preact), Vue, Svelte 😅, Next.js 🔥, Nuxt.js, Angular 🤮
- State Management Libraries: Redux (mostly withy Redux Tookit in React projects), MobX, Zustand (love the simplicity) 😙, xState 😅, Recoil
- Styling and Layout: Tailwind 🚀, Styled Components 😅, Sass/SCSS, Styled JSX
- Data Fetching: React Query, SWR 🌟, Apollo
- 👉 Backend Stuff I've Done
- BaaS: Firebase, Hasura, AWS Amplify
- PaaS: Heroku 💗, AWS Elastic Beanstalk
- Serverless: The serverless framework (serverless.com) 👏, AWS Lambda, Google Cloud & Firebase Functions 💖
- Frameworks: Express, Koa, Nest.js 🤩, Phoenix, Prisma
- 👉 Other Tools & A Touch of DevOps
- Testing: Jest, Cypress, Mocha, Chai, Chromatic, Percy (Visual Regression Testing)
- Logging: Sentry, LogRocket
- CI/CD: Github/GH Actions 🤟, Gitlab with CI/CD, CircleCI
- Other: Vercel 🚀, Docker 🙃
I consider myself a generalist and love to learn and try out new programming languages and frameworks over every other weekend. Currently I'm pretty obsessed with serverless, JAMstack, React & Node.